Friday, April 17, 2009

Camp Sheri - Day 1

Camp Sheri - Day 1

Run/Yoga/Ride/Swim/BBQ whatta day, plus
Dustin Hoffman gets sheared!

Orange Grove Loop

Early morning we went out to the Orange Grove for a delightful 16 km loop on the dirt roads. Lots of hills and with the recent rains very firmly packed. Your boy went Hans Solo grooving to his Thumps and working the hills hard with TTT on the horizon. Best moment was coming 'round the end to one of my Pumpkin faves Rocket

I shall be free free

Free of those voices inside me

I shall be free

I shall be free


(love the guitar riff after this)

Then back for yoga and pilates with Louise (always a camp high point) and saw this little lizard run up to the door and blow up his balloon throat and it is bright red: funny.

RideRide

Time for some food that out to Lake Louisa State Park. Fun place to ride, we did a couple hours on loops. I have dead, dead legs and with high winds and some baby hills was in a bit of bother after yesterday's "recovery" ride. Was pumped for an open water swim but there is a "Lake Wind Advisory" and the waves were significant. I couldn't find another taker to go in but....

VV Pool Swim

Everyone's rationalization was we'll go back to VV and swim. Last year the pool here hovered around +3 deg C and was brutal, but they heated it and though a SC pool is at least outside. I had the pool to myself and Ann will know that I did a CAT-WO (Canonial Ann and Tony WorkOut)
1k wu, 100 k/200 s/300 pp/400 as 4x100 on 10s RI then back down and a 200 wd.

OK, gtg as the Camp BBQ is in a few minutes. And no internet all day, who knows when this will get pushed to the great cloud?

BBQ

A bunch of people not named Bob worked very hard to make us a terrific meal. But before dinner I had to have my date with the hellish hi-tech scale they have smuggled across the border here for the "Biggest Loser" Body Fat Contest. That's me on the left saying these numbers can't be right. OK Ann you insisted on the numbers I'll share mine in public 154/10.2%/58.4/1314/8/1773 cal/day/14 years old/6.8 lb/6lb. Got that Ann, 8 of 9 you gonna post your "Physique rating" in the comments? And that's before camp. Bet it's 2-3 by the end. :-) But dessert was best. Dave got his way cool shears (with a headlight!) and made Colm even more beautiful and a now throughly dead-ringer for Dustin Hoffman. Here's the before and after:


He is going to be so aero and cool now he won't have anyone to train with here! His metabolic age on the scale dropped to 10 years old. Plus we won't have to wait forever to leave the NTC!

Awesome end to an awesome day. Thanks to Barbi for the pictures. Poor Barbi is tasked with trying to improve my stroke mechanics tomorrow, she has her work cut out for her.

PO,
rjs
ps: Just read the joke at TriRudy, how apropos (thanks to Joan Hollywood):

18. BIBLE AND HAIRCUT (Jokes)
skip to next Back to top

A young boy had just gotten his driver's permit and inquired of his father
if they could discuss his use of the car. His father said he'd make a deal
with his son.

"You bring your grades up from a C to a B average, study your Bible a
little, get your hair cut, and we'll talk about the car".

The boy thought about that for a moment and decided he would settle for the
offer and they agreed on it.

After about six weeks his father said, "Son, I've been real proud. You
brought your grades up and I've observed that you have been studying the
Bible, but I'm real disappointed you haven't gotten your hair cut".

The young man paused a moment and then said, "You know, Dad, I've noticed
in my studies of the Bible that Samson had long hair, John the Baptist had
long hair, Moses had long hair, and there's a strong argument that Jesus had
long hair."

To this the father replied, "Did you also notice they all walked
everywhere they went?"

1 comment:

  1. Tell Colm I LOVE his hair!! Awesome. I thought you were going to shave it - that is a buzz and it totally suits him.

    Will comment more later-off to TO to teach. ugh.

    This is Ann.

    ReplyDelete