Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TTT: closure

Well it is already Tuesday and I've got to get a few random TTT thoughts down. Fast.

1. We had a gas, despite the race.

2. The water was stinky.

3. On Stage 3 I ran for almost 40 min without talking. Honest. Ask AO. I just kept mentally singing the Quiet Song (AND THIS IS HOW IT GOES)

4. Amy P is a good sport, and I will never mention Sunday lap 2 to anyone. Ever. Don't ask.

5. The St Thomas Girlz is hardcore.

6. The run was so tough on Stage 4 that Coach didn't have the lungs to chirp my rotten arm swing.

7. The water was cold and despite the air temperature AO and I almost had to stop on the bike. I was shaking, she was convulsing, honestly her rear tire was bouncing off the ground.

8. You don't want to buy my bike shoes used at any price. Thank God for Lysol.

9. Zen moment: I saw a beautiful butterfly land on a fresh dog turd.

10. Terrapin moment: there was a turtle in the middle of the road on one of the descents.

11. Saturday night we watched some replays of the 2001 TdF. I waited for the 2nd time up the giant, long climb on Sunday and did this to AO (actually footage): [youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7THIhZEP4QM?wmode=transparent].

I am a bad person and should respect her "big disel engine".

12. They ran out of cups on the run and people were drinking with their hands out of the buckets. For some reason I skipped those aide stations. Fussy fussy.

13. We all went to Dairy Queen after and had Blizzards. 8000 cal burned this weekend and I wiped out my deficit in 15 min.

14. In Columbus OH AO finally admitted I was smarted then her $200 GPS unit. I'm flattered.

15. We went to the duty free in the wee hours and it felt like being a teen again and ending up twisted at some random Burger King.

16. Never let Jesse do the talking through customs. "Did you buy anything while away". "No sir". "Any liquor". "Yes sir, we bought it at the duty free". It decayed from there but we got through.

17. AO and I have adopted our all-star youngsters Jesse and Amy P as they are adorable despite their physical and mental challenges.

18. Including: Jesse's alarm which I hope goes off tomorrow for swim at 5:15, and not race morning when I want to sleep in until 5:30.

Well done all, I hope it was as miserable a character-building experience as I had promised! Thanks to all that wished as well and helped us get to the starting (and finishing) line. FYI pictures are of AO and I surviving the big descent in Stage II and finally bringing our core temperatures > 30 C on the top of the first time up the big climb during sunny Stage IV.

PO,
boB


No comments:

Post a Comment