Friday, August 14, 2009

Desert Running Attire

As an addendum to today's post I'd thought I'd show you proper desert running attire for mid-day, summer conditions. Note the savvy runner wears:
  1. a hat for warm, and to keep the head dry
  2. arm warmers (mid-zero)
  3. shirt
  4. wind vest (important to ward off the mid-day chill)
  5. shorts
  6. Rainlegs, a dutch invention, essentially waterproof knickers
  7. knee high socks
If I wasn't doing intervals I would of course dress warmer. Fortunately nobody knows me in this town, and I only saw one other kindred soul out running on the IMC course.

boB

5 comments:

  1. Very unique blog.
    Fantastic pictures. Wow...

    I like your blog.

    Please visit:
    http://paradise-adventure.blogspot.com

    Keep blogging.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No.6 made Rob & I LOL. Leave it to the Dutch...and Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They even work on hoseback! http://www.rainlegs.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. definately not what i have to wear in our desert!! (unless it's December. then i may put on the arm warmers).

    ReplyDelete