Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just a Test

Just a Test
Beastie Boys:

As long as I learn I will make mistakes
What do I want? What do I need?
Why do I want it? What's in it for me?
It's the imagery of technology
Is what you get is what you see
Don't worry your mind
When you give it your best
One two one two this is just a test

Yeah, today was just a test and I finally got a C so I'm stoked. Whinin' time is over and as my Man Daredevil said "Time to get off this pity kick and start using some muscle". Yesterday some bon homme on TriRudy posted that Costco had Garmin 305s for $176 CDN and hells bells my local Costco had a few in stock so I upgraded. Easier than wearing my usual 2 watches and I'm sure this bulbous chronograph is Tone's run speed secret.

So today I focussed and I got toyed up for 1:45 run with a 1 hour tempo (focussing involved pissing, moaning and feeling sorry for myself from breakfast until late afternoon). Coach graciously offered to pick the team up Newtons at Lake Placid and I needed a new pair. Unfortunately I got a different model then I had intended, but after checking in with Tori @ Newton I got the hype/marketing/reality of the situation settled and for 1 oz extra per foot I think I'm ahead of the game. So I put the suckers on, powered up, shouted "giddyap" and left, vowing that I would pick my feet up (I've noticed I'm shuffling more than I should, I've been working my core/stretching on the hip area to try to open up my stride).

Wasn't a epic run, but I'm heading in the right direction. I stayed in the hills and in control, not working too hard, relaxed and put together a sub 5:201 paced hour with little effort (AO: out and back on the usual AM hill loop). The point is I have recently been struggling like a drowning man to run 30 s slower than this, so this was a welcome event to get some easy speed without beating myself up.

Let's see if I can carry this momentum into the upcoming Death Weekend IV: The Final Chapter (final big weekend of training before my gradual descent into IMC).

Word up,
boB


  1. per km, Yankee friends. I wouldn't be moaning about doing 6 min MILES at IMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment